iOS 16 and macOS 13 Ventura update introduced a new Continuity Camera feature that allows Apple users to use the superior cameras on their iPhones as webcams during video calls. Your iPhone packs better cameras than your MacBook, resulting in an enhanced video-calling experience. It was only natural to allow users to utilize these cameras for video calling on Mac. To use this feature, you will need to invest in a continuity camera mount that allows you to place the iPhone in the perfect position for video calls. Here are the best continuity camera mounts to buy for iPhone and Mac.
- Here are the best MagSafe car mounts for iPhone 14 series
- Take a look at these top MagSafe pop socket holders for iPhone 14 series
Best continuity camera mounts for iPhone and Mac
With the Continuity Camera feature, Apple users can now use the superior cameras on their iPhones as a replacement for sub-par cameras packed inside their MacBooks. They also come in handy if you use an external display with no built-in cameras. Using your iPhone camera as a webcam gives you access to other Apple-exclusive features, such as Center Stage, Portrait Mode, Studio Light, and Desk View. You can use these top continuity camera mounts for iPhone and Mac to use these features.
- 1. Belkin iPhone MagSafe camera mount
- 2. Aerbeis continuity magnetic MacBook iPhone holder
- 3. Stouchi aluminum MagSafe continuity camera mount
- 4. MOFT magnetic iPhone continuity camera mount
- 5. MiiKARE continuity camera mount for iPhone and Mac
- 6. POWRIG continuity camera mount for Mac and iPhone
1. Belkin iPhone MagSafe camera mount
Let us start our list with the continuity camera mount that Apple recommends. Belkin is one of the few officially supported accessory makers and makes one of the finest Apple MagSafe charging stations. The Belkin continuity camera mount is a MagSafe mount that attaches to the back of the iPhone using magnets and has a lip extension that can stick over the top of your MacBook display, giving you the perfect position for video calling.
The mount also has a built-in ring holder, which you can also use as a makeshift stand. Thanks to the magnetic connection, you can use your iPhone in both portrait and landscape orientations to get the perfect video call view. It is one of the best MagSafe mounts you can buy to use your iPhone as a webcam with your Mac.
- Premium build quality
- Easy to attach and remove
- Can also act as a ring holder or makeshift kickstand
- Costs almost double the other mounts on this list
- No adjustable viewing angles
2. Aerbeis continuity magnetic MacBook iPhone holder
If you want a continuity camera mount with angle adjustability, you should check out this magnetic iPhone mount from Aerbeis. The mount has a magnetic and sticky end. The sticky end sticks to your MacBook, while the magnetic end attaches to your iPhone. The mount has a rotating hinge allowing you to place the iPhone on the top or the side of your Mac’s display.
We love that the magnetic mounting part has a swivel hinge, allowing you to adjust the angle to get the perfect framing. Thanks to the swivel mount, you can tilt your iPhone downwards for a better desk view mode. Our favorite feature of this swivel mount is that it allows you to use the front and back cameras of the iPhone, so you can choose the one that fits your need.
- Use the front or back camera of the iPhone
- Swivel mounts allow for better framing
- Can place your iPhone on top or side of the display
- Better for using the desk view feature
- Always stuck to the back of your MacBook display
- Can not reposition after initial attachment
3. Stouchi aluminum MagSafe continuity camera mount
If you love the Bekin mount but cannot digest its premium pricing, the continuity Stouchi aluminum MagSafe camera mount is for you. The Stouchi mount is similar to the Belkin mount in most aspects. It’s a circular magnetic mount made of aluminum that sticks to your iPhone using magnets.
The mount has a retractable lip that you can use to attach the entire contraption on top of your MacBook’s display. Like the Belkin mount, it has a ring holder that can also act as a makeshift stand for hands-free use. Yes, the Belkin mount feels premium and refined, but the Stouchi mount is not far behind. At less than half the price of the former, it is quite a good deal.
- MagSafe mount for easy attachment
- Built-in ring holder that can also act as a kickstand
- Cannot adjust the viewing angle
- Can’t be used with iMac or external monitor
4. MOFT magnetic iPhone continuity camera mount
The MOFT magnetic iPhone continuity camera mount is an excellent mount for your iPhone and MacBook. The mount features a foldable construction allowing you to mount your iPhone at the top and side of your MacBook display. Since it’s a magnetic mount, you can attach your iPhone in both landscape and portrait orientations and easily take it off when not in use. The mount features a smart fold-line design and can fold and flip to get out of the way when not in use.
The mount uses adhesive to attach to the back of your MacBook display. Thanks to the adhesive attachment, you can also attach this mount to an external display or iMac. We also love that it is only 0.2 inches thick, so it doesn’t look too out of place on your MacBook. The mount is made from soft and durable vegan leather, which ensures it doesn’t scratch your MacBook.
- Smart-fold design allows you to attach the iPhone at the top or side of the display
- Vegan leather ensures that your MacBook’s body doesn’t get scratches
- Slim profile
- Always stuck at the back of the display
- Cannot be repositioned after attachment
- Not as long-lasting as aluminum mounts
5. MiiKARE continuity camera mount for iPhone and Mac
If you own an iPhone 11 or older variant, the MagSafe mount won’t work, as those iPhones don’t have built-in magnets. For them, you need to buy a traditional clamp mount, and we recommend the MiiKARE continuity camera mount for iPhone and Mac. It’s a foldable clamp mount that attaches to the top of your MacBook’s display with the help of a protruding lip. We love the foldable nature of this mount, as it allows you to carry it in your bag or pocket with ease. It’s a simple, compact, and affordable mount that gets the job done.
- Strong clamp force ensures that your iPhone doesn’t fall off
- Built-in silicone pads prevent scratches
- Compact and foldable construction
- No adjustable viewing angels
- Cannot use the iPhone in portrait mode
6. POWRIG continuity camera mount for Mac and iPhone
The POWRIG continuity camera mount is another clamping mount, which you can use with iPhone 11 or older iPhones. The benefit of this mount is that it has an adjustable arm that lets you attach this mount to an iMac or external display. We love that it doesn’t have an adhesive attachment, so you can take it off after use. It also means that you can use it on your external display at home or office and attach it to your MacBook display when you are working outside the office. If you want a versatile mount that works with every iPhone, and can attach to MacBook and external display, you should definitely buy this one.
- Clamp mechanism supports older iPhones
- Doesn’t use adhesive or glue
- Works with MacBook, iMac, and external monitors
- Takes more time to set up than other continuity camera mounts
Top iPhone continuity camera mounts
We love the new Continuity Camera feature as it allows us to use your iPhones with excellent cameras as a webcam for a better video call experience. We have never experienced any dropped connections, so we highly recommend everyone try out this new feature. Also, if you are using an external display with your Mac, don’t forget to check out our guide on the best bar lights for external monitors to enhance your workspace.